- Acoustic-electric guitar preamp with advanced BOSS sound processing. Sophisticated under-the-hood processing with multiple interlocked parameters, accessible with simple stompbox controls.
- Acoustic Resonance reproduces the complex resonance characteristics of an unplugged acoustic.
- Ambience knob provides wide-ranging, studio-quality reverb optimized for acoustic guitar.
- Notch filter for instant feedback reduction. Sound mute function for switching guitars and tuning on stage.
- Normal output for an acoustic guitar amp and balanced DI output for direct PA connection.
Details: With the AD-2 Acoustic Preamp, acoustic-electric guitarists can now experience natural, studio-quality sound while performing on any stage. Equipped with an advanced BOSS sound engine, this compact pedal packs sophisticated processing power that belies its small size and simple, intuitive interface. Acoustic Resonance reproduces the complex resonance characteristics of your unplugged tone, while Ambience provides pro-level reverberation perfectly optimized for acoustic guitar. The AD-2 also features essential stage tools such as a notch filter for feedback control, a balanced DI out for direct connection to a PA, and a convenient mute function for tuning and switching guitars.
The tone of an acoustic guitar is created by the complex interaction of sounds from its body, top, strings, and other elements. And as you play with varying techniques, dynamics, and more, this interaction constantly evolves to create the rich, woody sound we love. Unfortunately, the standard undersaddle piezo pickups installed on most stage guitars simply can’t reproduce this resonant complexity. The AD-2’s Acoustic Resonance effect solves this issue by analyzing the input signal as you play, and then employing advanced processing to beautifully recreate your guitar’s naturally evolving tone. Twisting the one-knob control adjusts multiple parameters inside the AD-2 to achieve the perfect tonal balance for any style, from delicate fingerpicking to intense strumming.
The AD-2 features two independent outputs for performance flexibility. Connect the Output jack to your acoustic guitar amp or stage monitor, and use the Line Out to send a balanced signal direct to the PA mixer. It’s even possible to turn off the Ambience effect in the Line Out signal, giving the PA engineer the flexibility to add their own reverb at the board. And if you encounter any low-frequency feedback issues on stage, the AD-2’s notch filter has you covered. As soon as you hear that familiar rumble, just turn t