Brand: Empress Effects
- All Analog Signal Path – no digitals in here
- Super High Gain – It’s called the heavy, what’d you expect?
- Weight – An intuitive new control that changes the character of your low end
- 3 Band EQ – Selectable mid frequency lets you get precise EQ curves, with boost or cut up to 10dB per band
- Dual Channel Design – Heavy and Heavier let you set your channels similarly, for rhythm/solo, or completely differently for a wider range of tones
Details: Heavy Dual-Channel Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal. In this aptly named box you’ll find a huge range of killer high gain tones. From crisp, mid-driven ’80s metal, to scooped, modern down-tuned brutality, this little box of sonic mayhem does it all. The two independent channels can be voiced similarly so that one channel can be used as a solo boost, or they can be voiced entirely differently by using the mid-range control in conjunction with the 3-position mid-frequency select switch. Add in separate weight controls to shape the low end response of each channel, and a global hi/low eq section that allows you to fine tune your particular amp and cab combination, and you’ve got a serious tool to create a supremely heavy sounding rig. On top of all this Empress added an extremely responsive and hassle-free noise gate that will ensure dead silent operation with even the most obscene amounts of gain added.