- Dual Lit Boost controls via Boost footswitch
- 3 Band EQ, w/ Smooth Edge to help tame the fuzz
- 60’s/70’s tone switch and Germanium/Silicon transistor switch for different gain and tones
- 3 effects loops….Universal, Boost with Pre/Post switches, and the SideTrak loop that works when the pedal is OFF! Patch in clean effects
- Fuzz control automatically adjusts bias for more range and better clean tones.
Details: Another Amptweaker Pro pedal, the TightFuzz Prois built from the popular TightFuzz distortion pedal. As with the standard sized version, there are many tonal options available thanks to the Germanium/Silicon switch, Smooth Edge switch, and 60’s/70’s tone switch. The 3 band EQ helps make this one of the most flexible fuzztones available, and Amptweaker’s Tight control really makes a difference in controlling the attack of the fuzz. There’s even an auto-bias feature built into the Fuzz control, which allows the knob to control from the cleanest to the nastiest distortions with one control. One of the important differences between the TightFuzz Pro and most ‘reissue’ fuzz boxes is that with the addition of the Tight control in front of the fuzz circuit, the input of the fuzz circuit is effectively buffered from the guitar….but in a compensated way. A common problem with the original fuzz designs is that circuits with low output impedances like those in overdrive pedals and wah pedals, or the output of active pickups, can completely change the bias and gain structure. The result is often an odd sound or squeals, unusual feedback etc. The buffering in the TightFuzz Pro actually simulates the impedance of a guitar, so that the fuzz circuit works in the normal way it’s intended, and any low impedance circuit CAN be used in the loop or in front of the pedal.