Brand: Mad Professor
- Classic tape echo tone in small box, max 400ms delay
- Works very well in front of an amplifer
- Straigh guitar signal is all time unaltered, not coloring tone
- Best delay on market with distorted tone. Delay is not on top of your tone, it “melts” in your tone.
- Power supply: one 9-volt battery or externam AC adapter (9V) Sold Separately
Details: Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay PCB Version has the same specs and tone as the pricier pedal but is made with a custom PC board.
The Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay is a natural sounding digital/analog delay, with analog direct signal path. The Deep Blue Delay has about the same bandwidth as the classic tape echo units, and it can be used in front of an amplifier or in an amplifier effects loops. There are no noise reduction circuits, which keeps decay of echo as natural as possible. The direct signal path is short and made with analog amplifiers with no filtering. There should be no distortion or tone coloration as long as input level is in range below maximum allowed. The echo signal has a tuned filtering to allow extreme settings without interference.
The delay is specially designed to work well with distorted tone, as this is the most critical application, where delays often fail. You can use the pedal before or after distortion. As such, it will work exceptionally well on clean sounds where requirements are less stringent, especially in terms of echo bandwidth and repeat formation. The delay tone has been carefully tuned with lot of attention to the first critical reflection and how the repeats decay.