Brand: JHS Pedals
- A simplified version of our Colour Box that offers the compressed overdrive and fuzz sounds of so many classic recordings
- A powerful little box that has all the color and characteristics of a vintage studio preamp when cranked
- The Master and Pre-Vol controls work together to create a ton of colorful tones that are extremely useful
- The Tilt control is an active EQ that goes from flat EQ to boosting highs and cutting bass, or even just the opposite
- The Hi-Pass toggle cuts your low end with a flick of the switch to cut through the mix or get lo-fi sounds
- A dip switch on the right side of the pedal allows either a 200Hz or 750Hz cut for the Hi-Pass
Details: The JHS Pedals Color Box is amazing. It’s powerful, it’s versatile, it sounds stunning as a guitar pedal or as a recording preamp, and sometimes…just sometimes…it’s a bit too much for guitarists. That’s why we created the Crayon. This straightforward pedal harnesses the exact same gritty preamp tones of the Color Box and puts them in a smaller stomp with a simplified control layout. Three knobs control the gain, output, and tone of the pedal, while a Hi-Pass switch accesses even more aggressive characters. If you’re one of the musicians who is madly in love with those straight-to-console fuzz tones but don’t need all the extras, the JHS Pedals Crayon was made just for you.